Talking about summer, one of the fondest memories we all hold is of enjoying the ultimate tropical delight - juicy, ripe mangoes. There are a number of delicious recipes and dishes that can be pulled out of this super versatile summer treat. One such simple and sweet recipe is that of Mango Jam.
Let’s check the recipe for making lip-smacking delicious tropical Mango Jam.
- Mango pulp – 500 gms
- Sugar – 300 gms
- Juice of half a lemon
- In a heavy bottomed pan, pour in 500 gms of mango pulp and add 300 gms of sugar. Stir the mixture well until the sugar partially dissolves.
- Place the pan on the stove on a low flame and keep stirring until the sugar completely dissolves.
- After about 10 minutes, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. This acts as a preservative and also adds to the taste of the jam.
- Ensure to scrape the sides and continue to stir until the mixture thickens.
- Once the jam is thickened, pour a drop of it on a flat plate and lift it up. If the jam does not drip through the plate, it has reached to perfect consistency. Ensure that it does not get too thick.
- Once the jam is prepared, it should be transferred to a clean glass jar immediately while still hot. It must be cooled down completely before being closed. This increases the shelf life of the jam.
- Super quick and finger-licking good Mango Jam is ready!