Vendaya Kazhi is a quick and easy South Indian traditional food, it is a natural coolent and It aids in digestion. This is given for new moms as it helps in breastmilk secretion. Read on to prepare and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Parboiled rice – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds (Vendayam) – 1/4 cup
- Pure Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Drain and soak the rice and fenugreek seeds well for the first night.
- Leave the fenugreek seeds to run for 5 minutes in the grinder the next morning, then add the rice and grind finely.
- Flour should be in the consistency of Dosa batter.
- Put it in the heavy pan and keep stirring the dough for 10 minutes continuously.
- Once the flour has thickened, cover the oven with a lid and cook for 5 minutes in small flame
- Switch off the flame once you've achieved the desired consistency (should not stick in watered finger).
Enjoy this super good Vendaya Kazhi with Jaggery and Sesame oil!,