STIR FRY NOODLES
- - Sudharshana Apte, Virginia -
You can make tasty Stir Fry Noodles at home! Chow mein noodles loaded with vegetables and protein of your choice in a stir fry sauce, what we have here is a tasty wonder.
1 packet (250-350 g) chow mein noodles or angel hair pasta
1 tbsp + 1 tsp sesame oil
2 dried red chili, halved
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, finely diced
1/2 cup of sliced onions
1 1/2 cups of shredded carrots and cabbage (purple and green)
1 cup mushrooms (of choice), sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 bunch of broccolini (or 1 cup of broccoli), trimmed
1-2 tbsps green spring onions, chopped (for garnish)
2 tbsps soy sauce, or more, to taste
1 1/2 tsps sugar
1 tbsp Sriracha, or more, to taste
Salt, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, 1 tsp sesame oil, and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well. Drizzle some oil and coat; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, red chili. Fry for a minute. Add sliced onions and sauté.
- Next add broccoli and sauté until it is bright green and some of the stems and tips of the florets are lightly charred. Then add mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots and cabbage. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in sauce mixture. Check for salt and add accordingly. Fold in cooked noodles. Gently toss or use tongs to combine. Turn off heat after 1-2 mins.
- Squeeze half a lime and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve!
- The key with (Indo-Chinese) food is having all the ingredients prepped and ready to use.
- You can pretty much use any veggies you have in your refrigerator for this recipe
- You may add schezwan sauce if you would like instead of Sriracha. If so, reduce the soy sauce by 1/2 tbsp.
- Be sure to check saltiness before adding salt.
- You can incorporate any protein of your choice (e.g. tofu). Just cook the protein and add in before stirring in the sauce.
Enjoy stir fry noodles....
Emotion in stone....