Barnyard Millet Pongal.
This south Indian breakfast Barnyard Millet Pongal is easy and quick to make recipe, is also tasty and healththy.
- Barnyard Millet – 3/4 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 3 Nos
- Cashews – as desired
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 tbsp ghee, jeera, pepper, grated ginger, half handful of curry leaves, green chillies and cashews, and fry for a while.
- Add the millets and moong dal, saute for a while then add 3 cups of water. Add salt to taste and close the lid.
- Keep it for 1 whistle in high flame and 2 whistles in low flame (this is the basic timing for plain rice, millets and any Pongal varieties.)
- You can increase or decrease the number of whistle based on your cooker.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with Mixed Vegetable Sambar.
Enjoy this traditional dish.,